Monday 4 April 2016

Spring Detox & Skin Care Ideas | Guest Post |


Spring has always been the season when you can wipe the slate clean and start fresh. Some people like to enter this season with new clothes, others by cleaning their homes thoroughly, and me, I like to enter it with a clean and glowing skin. And who could blame me? Winter has always been terrible to my skin, and I suppose to you too. I cannot stand when my skin is dry, dull and damaged, so with the first blossoms of spring, I do a full blown skin detox and nourish my skin according to the season. Let me share some of my ideas with you.


Step 1: Eat Your Way to Clean Skin


This step will benefit not only your skin, but also your overall health. I do not know about you, but one more reason winter leaves my skin devastated during the winter is all the fatty and sugary holiday food. So, when spring arrives, I change my diet and drink more water (at least 8 glasses). Some of the best detox foods around are hazelnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, tahini, citrus fruit, cabagge, beets, sesame, pomegranate… I found a lot of food inspirations at Dish For Diet health magazine.


Step 2: Exfoliate


Time to take off your skin’s “winter coat”. Now, it is important to remember that for a proper exfoliation you will need a wholesome scrub, not just for your face and neck, but also for lips, chest, arms, hands, legs and feet. If you feel too lazy for the good old honey+ sugar + oatmeal scrub, then you can buy shelve products or tone down the DIY part with simple baking soda + water recipe. No matter what your choice might be, it is important to rub that scrub in circular movements for several minutes.


Step 3: Steam

Put some distilled water on the stove, pour a couple of drops of essential oil (I prefer lavender but you can choose from a bunch of them), and leave to boil. After pour the water into a glass bowl, grab yourself a towel, place your head above the bowl, put the towel over your head and stay over steam for 7 to 10 minutes. Just rinse, and voila! Your skin is clean of the dead cells remaining after exfoliating and the dirt that was once trapped in your pores is gone.

Step 4: Moisturize

This is a major step that should never miss out on. Especially because one of the main reasons you are exfoliating is to help your skin absorb moisturizer and other skincare products. Now, the choice of moisturizer will depend on your skin type and the body part that is being treated. I have very sensitive skin (to say at the least) but I have discovered that Dermalogica skincare products suit my needs the best.

Face – Find the one (nighttime and daytime) that suits you the best, do not try anything new right after the scrub. Daytime moisturizer should have at least SPF30.

Body – It is enough to use simple body butter or even olive oil to retain the moisture.

Lips – Use balms rich in ingredients such as essential oils, jojoba, lanolin and vitamins.

Feet – Find a medicated feet cream designed to heal cracked heels, a lotion that matches your level of skin dryness or simply moisturize with petroleum oil. After, cover the feet with cotton socks and sleep on it.


Step 5: Establish a Healthy Skincare Routine

All of your efforts will worth nothing if you do not continue to take proper care of your skin. So, here is a little trick, after you establish your skincare routine, write it down, hang it on the bathroom wall, and arrange all of your products accordingly. It should go something like this (depending on your skin type): wash, cleanse, tone (apply a toner) and moisturize. Exfoliate once in two weeks.
Those were my skin detox and care tips: nothing too difficult, nothing too expensive, just a natural way to return your skin to its previous glory and make it smooth and gentle again. 


Hello Beautiful!

Peter Minkoff is a beauty & fashion editor for High Style Life magazine located in Brisbane, Australia. After graduating from Australian Institute of Creative Design, he worked as a stylist for few fashion events in Brisbane. Beside fashion & beauty, he loves reading, making DIY cosmetics and traveling around tropical destinations. He plans to create a business for beauty & style advising.

It was a pleasure having Peter contribute his precious time and effort. I love how thorough and informative this post is and so helpful specially for this time of the year. Don't forget to follow his writings on the Hgh Style Life Magazine  I'll definitely be looking into detoxing my skin. What's your favorite way to detox your skin? 

If you want to guest post on my Blog, feel free to contact me at thegulezehrablog@gmail.com. I'd love to have you over.

Until next time, Good Luck & Ciao!

9 comments:

  1. great this is what i needed Thankyou:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a great guest post Gul-e-zehra. A very helpful one. I am definitely gonna try out some tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very important and basic tips thanks for sharing gul :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this is great .. Very helpful for everyone Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous review . Loved your detailed post.dear i am following you
    http://www.mahasbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Post Ever On Any Blog :)) 😍💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peter! You have shared some amazing tips. I'll definitely check out your post on the High Style Life Magazine. Also Thanks Gul e Zehra for sharing. This post is really helpful.

    FANAA'S BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment (: