Monday 10 August 2015

Chocolate Truffle Pie

Hi there (:
I always always find peace in baking, desserts specially. I'm sure many people feel the same way. Beating, mixing and whipping up something that not only others like but you enjoy the most. When the air is filled with that delicious aroma and it's so hard to resist grabbing your dish from the oven and just indulging in it while its piping hot!

My cousin and brothers kept asking me to bake something the other day, I thought of trying this recipe I once saved from a little recipe booklet from "Dream Whip".

I found the recipe easy and it turned out rich and soft. I only felt that there should have been lesser eggs than called for in the recipe. So I encourage you to add one egg less and let me know the results (in the comment box).



Chocolate Truffle Pie:

Ingredients:

1.     Semi-Sweet Cooking Chocolate : 225 g chopped.
2.     Whipped Cream : 1/2 cup.
3.     Eggs : 4.
4.     Ground Sugar : 1/2 cup.
5.     All Purpose Flour (sifted) : 1/4 cup.
6.     Toppings (optional) : Whipped Cream or Ice Cream.

Method:
  • On lowest possible flame, melt and combine chopped semi-sweet cooking chocolate and whipped cream. Take it off heat when melted and combined well.
  • Add eggs, sugar, sifted all-purpose-flour in the chocolate mixture and beat for a few minutes to blend it well.
  • Pour in a greased pan.
  • Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degree, until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.

So the preparation time is like 10-15 minutes and baking time 30 minutes.


Although everyone at home loved it, they agreed with me that 3 eggs were enough.  My brothers and cousin loved it with Vanilla Ice-cream and I with the ice-cream and whipped cream both.
Let me know the toppings you'd like it with, maybe some cherries or mint leaves for the chocolate-mint lovers?

Oh while I was in the 'kitchen mood', I also cooked this Chicken with BBQ Sauce which I’ll share with you soon (:


Until next time, Ciao and Good Luck! (:

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment (: